May 12, 2011

Marrakech

First of all: I wanted to do a post about vintage cars, but today I had my driving test and I failed (because of a stupid reason, I was quite angry), so for the moment I just hate cars and driving. So that post will have to wait until uhm, August or something.

Instead, I needed something to cheer me up, and what does make you more happy than a holiday? Okay, there are a few things that make me even more happy. But at the moment I could really use this:

My boyfriend and I are dreaming of going to Marrakech this summer. Morocco is such a beautiful country (I've visited it once, three years ago with my parents) and we both study Arabic, so it would be great if we could go there!



I've posted this photo before, but I really like this, it's the Medersa Ben Youssef in Marrakech, sooo beautiful!
source
The souks of Marrakech, I could walk there for days (and shop, of course!)
Amazing designs.
I'm just drooling over these beautiful 'riads' in Marrakech, I really can't choose where I would stay:


source

If you didn't know this site www.airbnb.com, you should absolutely check it out! It's really great if you're looking for a place to stay on your holiday. I already found lots of cheap and beautiful hotels, apartments etc. through this website. You can rent someone's apartment or a room in his/her house for a small price (Ok, there are expensive ones too.) and it gives you the opportunity to get to know local people! I don't know about you, but I'm not the kind of person who likes to lie on his ass at the pool of his all-inclusive 5 star hotel. I prefer discovering the nature, local culture and the people! Certainly when I'm in an Arab country, where I can speak with the locals in their own language.

I already know that I'll do a lot of shopping over there, in the souks where they sell amazing decorating stuff. I also like the haggling, it's so nice when you get a good price for something that they ask way too much for! And because I'm a red haired girl, they will 'make a special price for me'! ;) Seriously, the last time I was there, guys were actually staring and pointing at me, I felt highly flattered!

Still drooling...
Now I just need some sponsoring! Pretty please, mum?

Siel x

PS: Are you going on holiday this summer? Please tell me where ;)