September 2, 2011

Joan skirt

Hi lovers! Today's outfit reminded me of Joan Holloway from Mad Men (hence the title). Only the skirt though, I don't really see Joan wiggling around in a floral T-shirt and polka dot sandals.  When I wear this skirt, I instantly feel sexy! Seriously, some girls may think übershort mini skirts are sexy, but to me, hiding some parts of your body of revealing everything is way more sexy. I don't know if it's because I'm studying Arabic and Islamic culture, but I think it's interesting how muslim women 'hide' their body and beauty and 'save' it for the eyes of their husbands. Of course I'll never walk around wearing a hijab or burka but I like the idea behind it. Anyway, here's my outfit!






Today I cooked a delicious meal, it's called  spicy Moroccan stewed fish couscous, you can find the recipe here if you're interested. It was very good, if I may say so myself! It's from Jamie Oliver AGAINLord knows how much I love his recipes. And his delicious British accent <3



There was a lot of wind today, but also SUN! And HEATH! Does this mean summer is finally coming? I hope so! I love the upcoming A/W trends, but I still want to go outside bare-legged rather than covering up...





Showing those curves! Kidding, I'm not really curvy, but that skirt surely is figure-hugging and flattering. Now, back to the sun!

Wearing:
Skirt: H&M
Top: don't remember, cut out the label because it itched :D
shoes: Stradivarius

Have a nice (& hopefully sunny) weekend! 
Siel xo