June 16, 2012

Zou Bisou Bisou








I know I've worn this dress before here, which is apparently a fashion crime (GASP!), but you know, it would be a shame to not show this pretty dress more than once! How can you not love this lace 60s style beauty? I don't know why, but I feel like I'm moving on from the 50s style (pleated skirts, poofy silhouettes and perfect pin curls) to a more modern, 60s style. Maybe it's just because Mad Men has transformed into one mod dresses and eyeliner paradise, and I'm just a sucker for that show. So sad I finished the 5th season :( Maybe I'll just start watching again from season 1 to feed my addiction! So don't be surprised if I walk around like a 50s housewife again this summer ;)





What I'm wearing:
Dress, bag and earrings: H&M
Shoes: New Look
Ring: eBay
Nail polish: Barry M (my first, and I love it!)
Unless you want to look like you walked straight out a costume drama,  I think the key to a successful look is to combine one vintage (or vintage style) piece with modern accessories, like I did with these neon earrings, quirky ring and mint green nail polish. (Sorry if I toot my own horn too much but I really loved this outfit!) Megan Draper would approve of the eyeliner though. And my Zou Bisou Bisou move:


I tried to find a picture of her doing this exact pose while singing that song, but I couldn't find it :( Just watch the scene and you'll recognise my awesome imitation. Ahem.


You bet I sang this song in my room about ten times already. Dance moves included!