September 1, 2013

A new chapter

Photo credit

As you may or may not know, I got accepted at the Qasid Language Institute in Amman, Jordan to study Arabic for one semester or longer! It has all been very, VERY last minute - We only got the final response that I'd been accepted on Friday and immediately booked our flights - so I haven't had time to blog much the last week, but I hope you understand I've been really busy lately. I'm going with a very good friend of mine so I won't be all by myself, but it's still quite (ok, very) scary! I'm leaving tomorrow morning, but I'm spending almost the entire day at London Heathrow in transit (shopping tips, anyone?) so we will only arrive in Amman on Tuesday at about 4AM. I'll try to update about my adventures as well as my outfits as much as possible, but those will obviously be a bit different than usual, mainly because the dress code in the Middle East is a little bit more strict than here - anything above knee length or exposed shoulders etc. is frowned upon and also disrespectful towards the islamic culture. Before anyone starts making silly jokes, no I'm NOT going to come back as a muslima or wearing a burqa! ;)

I should really go to sleep now (my alarm is set at 5.30AM, help me) but I'll try to keep you up to date through facebook, twitter, instagram and on the blog of course! Thank you for all your support and see you in a few days!