November 6, 2013

Petra day 2

On our second day in Petra we kind of took it slow: We'd pretty much seen all the big sights the day before so we slept a bit longer and arrived at the Treasury around 11, ready to start hiking all the way up to the High Place of Sacrifice, from where we had an amazing view over the valley. We stayed up here for almsot two hours to have lunch (which consisted of chips, nuts, a banana and peanut butter cups - gotta get some energy!) and just relax, I'm sure you can't blame me if you see the view! In the afternoon we walked back down through the Butterfly Valley, where we saw the most amazing natural coloured rocks. The sunset on the Royal Tombs was the perfect ending to our two-day trip. Petra, I'll be back soon!




















P.S. We're having a long weekend because of the Islamic New Year tomorrow, so I'm off to Jerusalem for a few days! I couldn't be more excited. Be sure to follow me on instagram to stay updated!