February 3, 2011

My own blog!

So, I decided to start my own blog! I've been thinking about it a few months, but as I'm participating in Amber's Shoeper Shoe Challenge, I thought this was the opportunity to get one. I don't know yet what I will be talking about here, stuff I like, things that happen to me, and shoes, obviously...

As you notice, this blog is in English, although I live in Belgium and speak Dutch. But I thought writing in English was the best choice because:
- I can improve my English this way
- I read a lot of blogs that are also in English, and since they inspired me to make my own blog, it would be nice if those people can also read mine!

Hmm, maybe I should start to tell something about myself, so you actually know who's writing all this...

My name is Siel, I'm 18 years old now and a first year student at university. I study Arabic language and culture. What? Why? is what people always ask me when I say I study Arabic - all I can say is I love languages, history and other cultures, and I have traveled to Morocco and Jordan and I'm really interested in the culture. It's my first year, and I enjoy it!

I named my blog Shoes, Polka dots and lots more, because those are the 2 things that first popped into my head when I thought of what are my favourite things. 
I also like fashion, but not the oh-this-is-the-new-trend-I-should-totally-have-this kind of fashion. I really like the retro/ vintage inspired style (althought it's hard to look like that every day), and Dita Von Teese is my style icon. I think that says it all... :)

I have a boyfriend that I love very much, and although we live quite far from each other (not the other side of world, of course, just the other side of the country. Luckily Belgium isn't that big!), we are already together for more than two years! Yes, I really surprised myself :)

So, that's it for my first post, I'll try to write here a few times a week, we'll see how it goes!

I hope you'll enjoy it!

x Siel