March 22, 2011

11 random things you didn't know about me

So, I’m not feeling very inspired today, so I put together a list of random things you didn’t know about me. Because I’m so interesting of course. And I just like making lists.

1. I try to eat vegetarian as much as possible. I eat meat only once or maximum twice a week, and I still eat fish and scampi’s (So I’m not a real vegetarian), but I do my best. I do it because it’s healthy, good for the environment and I just like it.

2. I play two instruments: piano and bassoon. I graduated from music school last year, and I’m a little bit sad I don’t play often anymore (because I can’t take my bassoon with me to Leuven).

3. I can speak four languages: Dutch, French, English and German; and I’m learning two: Arabic and Turkish. I studied Latin in high school, but that doesn’t count because 1) I can’t speak it, 2) Nobody speaks it, and 3) I hate it! I really love learning new languages, so I don’t think I will stop after I can speak Arabic fluently. I would like to speak Spanish too, and maybe a little bit of Italian. Oh, and maybe Hindi or Swahili… Just in case ;)

4. I was bullied in school because of my hair (like most of the ginger kinds), and I just don’t understand why. Also, facebook groups like ‘Gingers have no soul’ really make me sad. Not because they hurt me, but because some people are so stupid to think such things. If you’re interested, you can read this post by Amber, she really expresses how I feel about the whole ‘ginger’ thing. I had to read a text in the lesson of English last year and I chose to read this one, and I got a lot of positive reactions on it!
I love my hair, and I would never dye it (Except when it’s getting grey. I’m going for the Vivienne Westwood-look when I’m old, haha).

5. I’m really loving vintage at the moment, but sadly I don’t find a lot of nice/cheap dresses I like… There aren’t a lot of vintage stores here, unfortunately! I would love to wear 50’s dresses all day, you wouldn’t day that if you look at me now, but I adore fifties en retro style. Now I need to find all those cintage stores other people buy their beautiful dresses...

6. I love shoes, but I hate my feet. I hardly ever wear sandals outside because I hate seeing my feet and other people seeing them. They’re big (I’m a size 8/41) and just not pretty. Luckily I don’t live in a country where you can wear sandals or flip flops more than 3 months a year!

7. At the moment, I’m really obsessed with Sex And The City. I’ve seen all episodes more than once already, but I can watch it over and over again. The last episode ‘An American Girl In Paris’ makes me cry every time.

8. Which leads us to the next: I can get very emotional watching a movie or even reading a book. And every time I see someone cry, it makes me cry too. I still cry when I watch Snow White and the seven dwarfs (yes, the Disney movie) and Snow White has died… (Oh come on, isn’t that the saddest thing ever? See it yourself here)

9. I want to see the whole world. Not literally of course, but I really want to travel a lot (when I have a lot of money) and visit all beautiful places in the world. It doesn’t help that I learn about the Middle East, because now I want to go there so much.

10. I was surprised to see that I get more visitors than a few weeks ago, till I found out they were all Google searchers looking for a picture of the Aristocats. I just posted a photo of a little cat on this post, to show you that a pair of shoes made me think of a cat’s whiskers… Didn’t know so many people were interested in a picture of the Aristocats.

11. I’m a big Harry Potter fan. I’ve read all the books about ten times, watched all the movies and even got 3 Harry Potter games and a Hogwarts cape from Saint Nicolas when I was 10. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I turned eleven and didn’t get a letter from Hogwarts…

Siel x