August 31, 2011

Knee socks

Shame on me for not blogging for a week! I'm officially a bad blogger. I told myself every day 'today I will blog' but every day something else happened so I kept postponing! Anyway, today's outfit is a little bit crazy. A few days ago, my hair was so greasy you could bake fries in it, but I was too lazy to wash it and decided to try out the turban look! My mum and sister told me I looked like the cleaning lady, but I kinda like how it turned out. I need to perfect it still a bit, but I think it's a great way to disguise your greasy hair, haha. So, today I'm staying home to be lazy AGAIN so I put on something comfortable but I quite liked my outfit. I added the scarf-turban for a splash of colour!



Of course I don't walk around the house wearing high heeled boots and my bag, but I imagined wearing those when I would have to leave the house.




I bought these overknee socks a few weeks ago and I love them. When I first wore them, my parents started to comment on them, saying I looked like a schoolgirl or even Black Peter! And when I became annoyed because of them disapproving of my sock-outfit, they said that if you wear such 'weird' outfits, you have to bear with the comments and reactions of people. This made me wonder: Do we need other people's approval? Should you not wear something because other people may not like it? It's what you wear, and if you like to wear it, DO! My parents said "If you don't wear normal clothes like normal people, you get reactions, you asked for it by wearing this outfit." So what, now everybody should wear jeans and T-shirt every day because that's "normal"? Is that what they want, that everybody wears the same, becomes a wallflower and that there is no more creativity? I hope not! I'll just go on wearing my kneesockes, turban, "grandma skirts" and other "abnormal" clothes, as long as I am happy with it. What do you think?
Top, shorts, bag: H&M
Socks, boots: New Look
Cardigan: Vero Moda
Scarf: thrifted






Whoop!


Share your opinions! Do you sometimes don't wear an outfit or piece because you're afraid of other people's (negative) reactions?


Siel xo