August 5, 2011

Shoe Challenge #6: Oh Dita!

Just a quick post about my latest shoe save. I created this outfit for the Project Blogway challenge of this week, we had to make a look inspired by our style icon! I have many style icons, and I didn't know who to choose. I have a file on my computer filled with inspirational fashion photos, but to choose my one and only style icon... I first thought the women from Mad Men, because that series really inspired me and made me want vintage dresses even more. But then I thought I didn't have an entire 'Mad Men' inspired outfit, so I decided to choose Dita Von Teese. I know she's not an easy fashion icon, because her style is very dressed-up: she goes to the supermarket wearing something a normal person would only wear on a fancy party! But the point isn't to copy her (I think it's just impossible) but to get inspired by her. I also choose Dita because she sort of marked the beginning of my 'getting interested in fashion, vintage style & blogs' - phase (although it's not really a phase, it started almost 2 years ago). I think it's great she has her own signature style, and says things like 'I fired my assistent after she suggested wearing those Louboutins with a jeans'. I admire her burlesque and striptease work, and I just think she's a fabulous woman! 


(This text is very vague, I know.)


Anyway, the photos are bad (as usual) but I like the outfit: When I saw the skirt I'm wearing today in store, it immediately made me think of Dita's outfit here:




She's always so glamorous, even when she's taking out the garbage. Way to go, Dita! Seriously, I don't think it's necessary to dress up every day, but some people really have to understand that going to the supermarket in your pajamas is a no-go!


My Dita inspired outfit:


Skirt: New Look
Top: H&M
Shoes: eBay, impulse buy :)
My face looks like I haven't slept for 5 days or something. Just look at the outfit, ok?


Hmmm, I really must learn to take proper pictures! I was home alone, so had to use the self-timer. I really miss my boyfriend/personal photographer now!


Now I just need her amazing figure and her collection of Louboutins, and I can totally rock Dita's look! Yes.


More Dita inspiration:










Do you like Dita? Who is your style icon?


Siel x